Are you considering selling your home this year?
Are considering selling this year? The time is certainly right to do so. The inventory of homes available for sale is still lagging far behind buyer demand. Prices are higher than they have been in a long time and most homes, regardless of price, are selling very quickly. If you have given any thought to selling, now is the time to do so. Here are a few tips to get you started.
Here are a few tips for sellers:
- Consider having a pre-sale home inspection to determine what issues may be hiding that need to be addressed and are likely to show up on a buyer inspection report. There are likely things you were not even aware of and addressing them ahead of time makes that home inspection process so much easier.
- Clean and organize. If you are planning to move anyway, start cleaning out and cleaning up now. Clean out the closets, cupboards, and the garage. Organize your personal items in a neat and orderly way so the home appears to be owned by someone who truly takes pride in their home. Closets especially can make a big impression if they are neat and well organized. Then hire a professional to come clean the house from top to bottom including washing the windows. Nothing makes a better impression than a spotlessly clean home.
- If you know there are big ticket items like the appliances, furnace, AC units, or roof that will need to be replaced soon, get some estimates now. That way a buyer will know what they are looking at in terms of repair costs after they purchase the home. It helps the buyer determine if the home will still be affordable to them after closing.
- Do you have books and manuals for items in your home? Are any of the appliances or fixtures still under warranty? Find those books and warranties now and put them in an easily accessible spot. Buyers like to have that information when they move in.
- How does the exterior of your home look? Step out and look at your home like you have never seen it before. What do you see? Does the landscaping need attention? Does the front door need refinishing or painting? Are the windows sparkling in the sun? Curb appeal is important because it is the first impression your potential buyer has of the home. If it could use some attention, get it done now. Those first impressions are often the trigger to buy.
Despite challenges this year with Covid 19, the buyer market is strong, and homes are needed. If you are thinking about selling, think no longer. Get that home listed because there is a buyer out there just waiting for your home to hit the market. Want to discuss this further, call me at 928.242.0300.
Sandra Paulow, Associate Broker, GRI, REALTOR®
EXPERIENCE makes the Difference.
SUCCESS WITH SANDRA!